Thursday, November 11, 2010

Quilting Adventures Part 2



Hello Dear Aunty,
Continuing on with our quilting story....

 A few more wallhangings which have yet to be put up on the walls occupied a few months of my time.  They will go up when the walls have been repainted...whenever that will be.  The first wallhanging to be finished was 'Mum & I in the 70s" made from 70's fabric pieces from my Mum with some free motion quilting, a modern Fasset piece of fabric and the piecing as my contribution.

70s Wallhanging 'Mum & I"

Free Motion Quilting

70s velvet like fabric

 
70s polyester backing

The next wallhanging was 'Chelsea', a pattern by Kaffe Fasset.

Chelsea Wallhanging by Kaffe Fasset
'Broken Crockery' using a Broken Dishes quilt block was inspired by the wallhanging of the same name found on the Barbara Brackman blog.

Broken Crockery Wallhanging

 I was quite taken with the American Civil War Reproduction Fabrics and was happy to  join a Block of the Month BOM group at the About.com/quilting forum.  We chose different blocks as we went along. I worked two quilt tops during the BOM. One made of the Civil War type fabrics and the other in florals.

Floral Civil War Blocks


Civil War Reproduction Fabrics Quilt Top



I really love the way Kaffe Fasset mixes colours and prints in his quilting designs.    'Floral Strippy' comes from his book  V & A Museum Quilts.


Floral Strippy

The next Fasset quilt I tried was 'Victorian Fans' from his book 'Kaleidpscope of Quilts'.

Victorian Fans

'Morning Garden' quilt was also from 'Kaleidoscope of Quilts'

 Morning Garden

From colours to black and white I made a quilt top in black and white for one of my sons.  It is the Delectable Mountains block and the quilt is called 'Mountain Majesties' and is from Bonnie Hunter's website.


Mountain Majesties

FatCat Patterns  has several BOMs on her website.  One of the free ones was 'Chocolate Stars'.  Here is my version.



Chocolate Stars


Hopefully there will be many more colourful quilt tops to make.

4 comments:

  1. Nonton adu ayam jalu Live Online di Agen BOlavita ! Situs JUdi Sabung Ayam terpopuler di Indonesia, BONUS IPHONE XS !
    Info selengkapnya hubungi :
    BBM: BOLAVITA
    WeChat: BOLAVITA
    WA: +6281377055002
    Line : cs_bolavita
    Live Chat : www.bolavita,cc

    ReplyDelete